The Experiment - Monique Passicot

The Apple - Monique Passicot


CABIN OF THE DAWN
(from the movie Sweet Hostage 1975)

My truck broke down on my way back home:
And along came a man speaking in poems:
I thought he was nuts when he called himself Kubla Khan:
And he took me away to his Cabin of the Dawn::

At first I thought I was in a terrible mess:
But he made me a lady even bought me a dress:
He taught me all sorts of things from the very start:
He opened my mind and gave wings to my heart::

At first I couldn't figure this funny man out:
But then I realized he's teaching me what life's all about:
Like wanting things enough can make them come true:
I guess that's what he means by Xanadu::

Life on that farm was almost like hell:
Now I'm Queen of England and my name's Christabell:
We dine on delicacies and plenty of fruit:
And I dance for him as he plays his flute.::

I think he's been awfully lonely for a while:
and just needs a friend to make him smile:
What he doesn't know is he's got one in me:
And together we make awful nice symmetry: